Skip to main content
Many applications for plasma in electronics:
- Plasma cleaning of circuit boards prior to metallisation and prior to soldering or bonding.
- Removing of oxide layers prior to soldering or bonding in order to optimize electrical contacts.
- Etching of circuit paths.
- Ashing of foto resists after finishing fotolithographic processes.
- etching of silicon and silicon oxides
- Etching of microscale structures such as grooves and channels in semiconductors
- Protective coatings on electronic devices by plasma polymerisation. These coatings protect cause waterproofness and protect against enviromental effects.